Dr. Barry Davis is the head baseball coach at Rider University where he has led the Broncos to two conference tournament championships, two regular season championships and has qualified for nine conference tournaments including 8 of the last 12 years.
A member of the elite 900-wins in college baseball coaching club, six of his players have gone on to be selected in the Major League Baseball draft.
A leader with a true growth mindset, Dr. Davis also holds a Master’s degree in Education and a Ph D. in Sports Leadership
In this podcast we break down his doctoral dissertation research including interviews with college baseballs top coaches from The University of Virginia, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Coastal Carolina, St. Johns University, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Duke about leadership, culture and what separates championship teams from those who fall short.
Dr. Davis identifies five themes from his research and interviews with these top college baseball coaches including:
- Leadership and leadership development
- Consistency and communication
- Standards of excellence and how we do things on a daily basis
- Acquiring The right people for your program
- A growth mindset… searching for more to better themselves…
This is one podcast that’s a must listen for any coach who wants to create a program of success, influence and impact.
You can connect with Dr. Barry Davis on twitter @BarryDavis42
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST AUDIO
DR. BARRY DAVIS FULL VIDEO PODCAST VIDEO EPISODE:
Thank you for listening to the Brian Cain Mental Performance Mastery Podcast on the Ironclad Content Network. If you liked this show, be sure to leave us a rating and a review and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @BrianCainPeak.
ATHLETES: What YOU should do now…
Want to learn how to be the most mentally tough athlete you know? Join my ATHLETES INSIDERS LIST and I’ll send you the details on how to get into the 30 Days to Mental Performance Mastery for Athletes Course…
If you found today’s podcast helpful and you’re interested in more cutting-edge mental performance strategies as an athlete, my 30 Days to Mental Performance Mastery Program is for you.
In this course, I’ll show you how to:
- Compete with unshakable confidence each and every time you step into the arena
- Perform at your best when it means the most—on a consistent basis
- Create the elite mindset, routines, and habits of excellence you need to reach your potential and get the most our of your ability
Drop your info below to learn the systems and secrets I use to help the top athletes in the world, from UFC Champions to Heisman Trophy and Cy Young Award Winners, and over 900 pro sport draft selections and Olympic Medalists.
COACHES: What you should do now…
Want to learn more coaching strategies to master the mental side of performance? Join my COACHES INSIDERS LIST and I’ll keep you updated on my next Mental Performance Mastery Certification
If you found today’s video helpful, and you’re interested in more cutting-edge mental performance coaching strategies, the MPM Certification is for you.
Inside the course, I’ll show you how to:
- Get your athletes to perform their best when it means the most by using a SYSTEM to create an elite mindset.
- Compete at a higher level, more consistently—while managing distractions and adversity—by establishing the right routines.
- Create the championship culture you need to develop elite athletic leaders and cultivate a clear vision that keeps everyone motivated and juiced up.
Drop your info below to learn the systems and secrets I use to help the top coaches in the world compete at an elite level—year after year.