In episode #7 of Coffee with Cain and Casey, Brian Cain, creator of the Mental Performance Mastery (MPM) Coaches Certification and one of the World’s most sought after MPM Coaches and Sean “The Mayor” Casey, one of baseball’s all-time best hitters talk about success strategies you can use both on and off the field.
In this episode Cain and Casey are joined by former Major League Baseball Player Jason Grilli. Grilli was the 4th overall pick in the 1997 MLB Draft, an All-Star in 2014 and competed for 18 seasons at the MLB Level.
In this podcast episode we talk about:
- Taking pride in representing your family name and how it’s the name on the back that allows you to represent the name on the front of the jersey.
- The mentality that drove Jason to compete for 18 seasons and overcome 4 career ending surgeries
- The difference in mentality of being a starter vs. being a reliever
- Clear communication in setting yourself up for success
- Weekly preparation and attention to detail
- The importance of playing mental games with yourself to get you focused and locked in and controlling the controllables
- The role that routine plays in helping you to feel successful and confident as an athlete
- Why you want to break your season up into 100 at bat increments
- At the end of the day it’s You vs. You…
- The lesson Jason learned from rapper Ice-T about a F$ck It mentality
- Why a lion never loses sleep over the opinions of sheep
- Managing the disappointment, frustration and adversity of injuries and taking a one pitch at a time to that rehab.
- Gods going to give me nothing I can’t handle
- The opinions of others only matter if you allow them to affect you
- Why you should never solicit feedback from spectators, keep your opinions in the arena
- How to use love as energy
Thank you for listening to the Brian Cain Mental Performance Mastery Podcast on the Ironclad Content Network. If you liked this show, be sure to leave us a rating and a review and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @BrianCainPeak.
How to Master the Mental Game of Baseball?
Join my FREE 60-minute mental game of baseball masterclass video and start developing the winning mindsets, routines, and habits you need to compete one pitch at a time and perform at your best.